- Repeal the personal income tax and replace it with a Flat Tax applicable to all residents; (See my Flat & Fair California Tax);
- Lower the California corporate tax rate to 7% from 8.84% to make California more competitive with other nearby state corporate income tax rates;
- Just like Texas, make our California Legislature part-time with legislative sessions of six months, i.e., January through June every two years, and limit legislators to authoring or co-authoring no more than 10 legislative bills per year;
- Form a Legislative Committee tasked with the sole responsibility of reviewing all state and local regulations for necessity, simplification or repeal;
- Improve the education of our children by paying teachers based solely on their performance;
- Reform pensions of state and local government employees by converting all existing retirement plans of active employees to 401(k) plans;
- Lower the California minimum wage for students;
- Adopt a single state and local sales and use tax rate for California and distribute the sales and use taxes collected to cities and counties based solely on population;
- Prohibit public employee unions; and,
- Create a 3 judge Appeals Court that will hear only environmental lawsuits and appeals of environmental lawsuits with a 90-day limit to hear and issue decisions.
That’s My Two Cents,
Rex Halverson, Esq.